We champion contemporary art, artists and organization to provide thoughtful perspectives on our world.
We live in a society where art is valued and understood as an integral component of the human condition: our communities, our economies, and our environments.
- Placing a high value on the education of our members and the general public. PIA believes that by educating its members, it produces better contemporary art projects and a larger population of art supporters.
- Involving and engaging members
- Providing leadership development and mentoring for our members
- Being volunteer driven and having committed members
- Having a willingness to support groundbreaking projects. Being visionary.
- Seeing collaboration as a driving force in art projects
- Remaining independent (financially and by not being aligned with any single institution)
- Always supporting an open dialogue and exchange of ideas
- Being responsive to extraordinary, creative ideas
- Being nimble and risk-takers
- Being transparent
PIA Primary Beneficiaries
- The general public for the cultural and educational opportunities made available by PIA projects
- The art community in Canada — including artists, curators, art educators, art critics, art dealers — for the funds raised in support of the visual arts
- The city of Toronto for the cultural capital that can be generated by the projects supported by PIA