Partners In Art (PIA) is currently seeking applicants for the position of Operations Manager.
This position reports to the Co-Presidents of the Management Committee (MC), the Treasurer and the Chair of the Board.
The position provides administrative support to the Board and the MC for approximately 35 hours per week, 50 weeks of the year. The number of hours per week varies depending on member activities.
This position includes, but is not limited to, the following duties:
General Administrative Duties
- Maintain a secure archive of PIA materials and documents
- Maintain database and mailing lists for members and waitlist
- Co-ordinate with the MC and Board to prepare a master calendar of PIA meetings, educations and events
- Circulate Board and MC meeting packages, including agendas and minutes, in advance; track RSVPs and attendance
- Attend Board and MC meetings and record minutes
- Attend meetings of MC committees as required, especially Education and Project Development Committees; record and distribute minutes of meetings
- Assist the Trips Committee in the administration of trips as required, including emailing participants and managing payments and disbursements as required
- Ensure PD Committee Letters of Agreement (LOAs) are executed and maintained and project cheques are managed.
- Assist the Fundraising Committee in tracking donations and preparing annual donor reports
- Assist the Special Events and ArtRageous Committees to organize and facilitate events as needed
- Liaise with sponsors regarding sponsorship benefits including use of PIA’s and their own logos
- Update PIA website with current information as needed
- Support preparation and distribution of the monthly newsletter
- Respond to member general enquires as appropriate and/or direct to relevant MC member(s)
- Distribute emails to general membership from co-chairs and committee heads
- Execute social media strategy
- Research and compile invitation emails and Pinggs (online invitation platform) as required for all member events, including Educations, ArtRageous, AGM and all special events; track RSVPs and attendance; maintain master lists(s) of attendance for all events
- Administer tickets sales for PIA ticketed events; receive, confirm and track ticket payments and maintain the master guest list for such events
- Attend PIA member educations and events as required; take photographs and notes for summary write-ups; provide guidance/assistance to facilitate attendance; manage registration table at PIA events as required
- Write summaries of educations and events and take photographs as required for posting on website and inclusion on the website, newsletter and social media as appropriate
- Support preparation of MC and board presentations as required
- Update and maintain the PIA Procedures and Policies Manual
Financial Administration Duties
- Receive, track and deposit all incoming cheques and e-transfers
- Track and allocate all receipts and expenses within the operating budget and reconcile to accounts
- Maintain project-tracking document for Project Committee and Bookkeeper
- Follow up on past due receivables such as outstanding sponsor/donor payments
- Track and record member donations and sponsorships; assist Fundraising Committee in preparing fundraising reports
- Prepare outgoing payment request forms as required for authorized signatures
- Issue cheques and related backup for signature(s)
- Draft and distribute invoices, letters of receipt of payment and follow-up/update letters to sponsors and donors
- Create working papers for tax receipts and reconcile them to GL.
- Email tax receipts to members and donors
- Support the Treasurer and MC in preparing the annual operating budget
- Obtain and file Committee budgets
- Maintain filing system for key documents and contracts etc.
- Execute an organizational risk management plan with respect to documents and assets as required
- Assist in developing, maintaining and formatting reports as required.
- Assist the bookkeeper with the information required to prepare end-of-year documents for accountant
Minimum of four (4) years in a comparable Operations Manager role.
Knowledge, Skills and Attributes
- Strong communication skills
- High attention to detail
- Outstanding self-management
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite, Pingg and QuickBooks
- Proficiency in Photoshop, Illustrator, and basic knowledge of HTML, WordPress and Hootsuite an asset
- Strong business writing skills and proofing
- Knowledge of ledger preparation, budget preparation and maintenance of such
- Ability to reconcile bank statements
- Knowledge of not-for-profit governance, strategic planning and/or contemporary art an asset
- Virtual office gives candidate ability to work from home; includes travel to meetings within Toronto
- Reduced hours in July and August; no meetings or travel necessary in July and August
About Partners in Art
Partners in Art (PIA) is a volunteer-led charitable organization which funds contemporary art projects across Canada and around the world. Since 2002 the Toronto-based PIA has raised over $4.3 million and supported 63 projects. PIA collaborates with Canadian curators, arts organizations and museums to fund projects featuring contemporary artists with challenging works and thoughtful perspectives. For more information visit www.partnersinart.ca.
Please submit your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline for applications is October 18, 2019.
For more information please contact email@example.com